“The CLAIRE vision –based on excellence and human-centred research and innovation– provides a blueprint to steer AI as a transformative force for the benefit of all.”
Ricardo Chavarriaga, Head of CLAIRE | Zurich
Our Swiss CLAIRE office was initially founded in 2020. Given the strength of its academic and industrial ecosystem, its economic landscape and tradition on the protection of human rights, Switzerland plays an essential role in the advancement of human-centred AI.
We are focusing on empowering the Swiss AI community by connecting European partners and fostering the development of ethical humane, trustworthy AI-powered solutions that are compatible with the social and economic interests of all humans.
For this purpose, the CLAIRE office Switzerland is establishing an active network comprising academia, industry, public entities and international organisations. We actively engage with media and general public through outreach and participatory activities that inform society at large about the state-of-the-art in AI and provide spaces to discuss the effects of these technologies. CLAIRE Switzerland was supported and hosted by ZHAW digital, Zurich University of Applied Sciences Winterthur from 2020–2022.
📅 22 June ⏰09:00 – 12:00CET 📍 Zurich 🇨🇭How can #AI systems be fair, transparent, and explainable?
In #collaboration with CLAIRE | Zurich, Databooster is organising a workshop on #ResponsibleAI – #Transparency and #Fairness of #data-based applications in practice.
👉Ricardo Chavarriaga, CLAIRE | Zurich, ZHAW
👉Christian Hauser, FHGR
👉Christoph Heitz, ZHAW
👉Belinda Müller, Eraneos
✨Register here ➡️ https://sds2023.ch/registration
ℹ️ The workshop is part of the 10th Swiss Conference on Data Science | SDS [tag] ➡️ https://sds2023.ch/responsible-ai-transparency-and-fairness
Development of talent and knowledge transfer are key elements of the CLAIRE vision. We have established a collaboration with the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (NVIDIA DLI) in 2022 to provide access to trainings in Artificial Intelligence. Through this collaboration we contribute to empowering society to benefit of the potential of Artificial Intelligence.
These courses, developed by NVIDIA, provide theoretical instruction and hands-on exercises on GPU-accelerated computing power in the cloud provided by the organizers. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an NVIDIA DLI certificate to recognise their subject matter competency and support professional career growth.
Stay tuned for our upcoming trainings in summer and fall of 2023!
- AI Transparency Institute, Lausanne (contact: Eva Thelisson)
- Applied Complex Systems Science, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur (contact: Rudolf M. Füchslin)
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne (contact: Boi Faltings)
- Artificial Intelligence Research Group, University of Basel, Basel (contact: Malte Helmert)
- Auto-ID Labs ETH/HSG, ETH Zurich, Zurich (contact: Klaus Fuchs)
- Center of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, University of Bern, Bern (contact: Raphael Sznitman)
- Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems Group, University of Zurich, Zurich (contact: Abraham Bernstein)
- FRME-IDP, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Winterthur (contact: Joerg Osterrieder)
- Human-IST Institute, University of Fribourg, Fribourg (contact: Edy Portmann)
- Idiap Research Institute, Martigny (contact: Daniel Gatica-Perez)
- idsia – Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence, SUPSI-USI, Manno-Lugano (contact: Andrea Emilio Rizzoli)
- InIT – Institute of Applied Information Technology, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Zurich (contact: Marc Rennhard)
- Intelligent Information Systems Research Group (IISresear.ch), University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland FHNW, Olten (contact: Andreas Martin)
- Institute for Wealth and Asset Management (IWA), School of Management and Law, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Winterthur (contact: Peter Schwendner)
- Institute of Business Information Technology (IWI), School of Management and Law, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Winterthur (contact: Elena Gavagnin)
- Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPFL, Lausanne (contact: Dario Floreano)
- Neural Learning and Intelligent Systems Lab, ETH Zurich, Zurich (contact: Benjamin Grewe)
- SILab – Smart Infrastructure Lab, Institute of Information Systems, HES-SO Valais / Wallis, Sierre (contact: René Schumann)
- ZHAW Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Winterthur (contact: Thilo Stadelmann)
22.03. | NVIDIA* GTC Watch party (GTC conference 20.-23.03.23) | online
➡ Join us here ! (Link coming soon)
*Disclaimer: NVIDIA is leading this event with support form CLAIRE. NVIDIA is solely responsible for the content.
27.03. | AI4GOOD – NGO Online Event: AI and Mental Health @EU AI Week
➡ Register here !
30.03. | AQuA (All Questions Answered) AI and Mental Health | online
➡ Register here !
07.11. | Online ARCathon Intro: Tackling ARC – AI WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT with Lab42 | 17h00 – 18h00 CET ➡ Register here to join the challenge!
16.11. | Online Webinar Event: AI Ethics: Implementing social responsibility in autonomous intelligent systems with IEEE mit Ricardo Chavarriaga | Nov 16, 2022 14:00 – 15:00 CET | 08:00 – 09:00 am (EST – New York) ➡ Check out the IEEE CertifAIEd framework on here.
20.-21.10. | 2–day free online workshop by NVIDIA X CLAIRE: Building Transformer-Based Natural Language Processing Applications.
28.09. | AI Ethics Lecture: Operationalizing AI ethics: Challenges for organizational governance with Ricardo Chavarriaga @7th European COST Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Industry and Finance, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
30.09. | CLAIRE Social afterwork @Roboterbar Nüü |18h00 – 20h00 @ Lagerstrasse 45, Zurich. A networking experience to reflect and shape the future of AI. See you there! Learn more about our invited experts here
15.09. | Digital Breakfast “Responsible AI: from ethical principles to organizational processes.” mit Ricardo Chavarriaga | 07.00 – ca. 08.30 am @ Technopark Winterthur organized by Digital Hub Winterthur
20.07. | ZHAW Center for Artificial Intelligence Colloquium: “Artificial Intelligence, Game Over?”, Winterthur, Switzerland. Panel Moderator. Learn more.
15.06. | Between Autonomy and Control: What is the future of Artificial Intelligence? Public Conference
22.-23.06. | SDS Swiss Data Science Conference Live @KKL Luzern – https://www.sds2022.ch/
05.05. + 06.05. | Fundamentals in Deep Learning Free online course
A free workshop offered by CLAIRE Office Switzerland and NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute
09.05 | Pint of Science Geneva Live event
Find out more here
13.05. | CLAIRE community event @Nüü Social live event with robot bar @Lagerstrasse 45, 8004 Zurich
Lets talk about what it means to be a community, exchange thoughts, connect to new people and have a drink from the roboter bar – See you there!
30.03. | A career in data science – myths and obstacles of a rapidly growing field Online panel in cooperation with WiMLDS Switzerland
- Read the blog article about it
14.03. | AI & Creativity Panel for Science & Youth – Invited guest by Science et cité Bern.
16.03. | AI4Good: AI for Humanitarian Actions @2pm – 3.30 pm, Panel & Case Studies
- Unleashing the power of AI & Data for Good – Case studies & Learnings
- European AI Week, Partnered event with CLAIRE Office Brussels
- View the session here
01.03. | Digital Trust in Health @ 3pm – 5.30 pm, Panel & Startup Networking Event
- NORDIC ROADSHOW | Trust Valley Switzerland meets the Nordics Countries. Partnered event with Tech4Trust & NORA
16.12. | VISION Theme Development Workshop: AI & Health
17.11. | AI Boost Conference Lithuania
12.11. | AI & Agriculture: co-organized by the CLAIRE Office Zurich (with Andres Perez-Uribe)
10.11. | ZHAW digital day@Nüü robot bar – live experiencing artificial intelligence
10.11. | NVIDIA GTC Panel: Developing Trustworthy AI Principles
04.11. | Int Neuroethics Society: Panel AI+Neurotech and social justice
30.10. | La Dispute Lausanne: Sur les Chemins de la Haine
15.06. | ZHAW Digital series – Digital tools against Covid-19– Addressing ethical challenges, public trust and acceptance
09.06. | Swiss Data Science Conference
08.06. | Virtual Conference “Responsible AI – An Imperative
26.05. | AI4Good: Building a Nexus between Research, Innovation and Societ CLAIRE Office Switzerland – Official office launch event