“User” refers to any individual who loads any material to or from this site. A “user” includes, but is not limited to, petition authors, petition signers, and any forum participant.
(1) User/Member Agreement: In consideration of being allowed to use the website facilities provided by GoPetition, Users agrees that Users will not:
- Post material that is copyrighted, unless User/Member owns them or has the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
- Post material that reveals trade secrets, unless User/Member owns them or has the permission of the owner of the trade secrets to post it;
- Post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Post material that could be construed by a reasonable person as obscene or defamatory in relation to a User/Member or any other person or entity;
- Post advertisements, solicitations of business, chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Post personal information of targets or email addresses of other people (including employees of targets) that could not be construed as either directly relevant to a public campaign or that may infringe on the personal rights of the people so named (via disclosure of personal information or personal contact information e.g. private or work email addresses). GoPetition in its discretion can remove such information from any petition without notice.
- Impersonate another person.
- Submit false User/Member information when opening an account or signing a petition. The administrator reserves the right to edit, change or remove an account, petitions or signatures or any other information when untruthful or inaccurate User/Member information is supplied. This includes but is not limited to Name, Occupation, and e-mail address. The administrator reserves the right to ask a petition author to confirm or prove their identity. Failure to furnish this information upon request may result in signature being removed.
- Signature Management and Signature Edits. Members must not edit a signature in any way that compromises the intent of the signer. Petition authors agree to edit signatures only to remedy a spelling or grammatical error, remove an obscenity or remove spam, or delete illegal material.
- No email will be displayed to any other individuals than the administrator and will only be used if verification of a signature is needed.
- Will not hold Administrator responsible for the consequences of any search engine access to public signature list details.
- Hold the administrator or author of this petition liable in relation to third-party search engine activity.
- In the interests of signers and site moderators, authors shall not engage in excessive editing of their petitions. Signers’ trust in the information that signers have endorsed must be respected. Any editorial changes to petitions must only be of a grammatical, stylistic or non-substantive basis.
(3) Data Management
- Members may edit or delete their signature at any time by contacting email@example.com, include at least name and email. There is no need to state why you want to be deleted.
(4) The site’s administrator reserves the right to amend or change these terms of service without notice or disclosure so as to improve the services of or adherence to any laws or regulations.