“Artificial intelligence is a global “game changer”. It will transform our lives and our societies. It is sometimes said that the best way to meet the future is to create it. Let us not leave that to others.”
Morten Irgens, Dean of the School of Economics, Innovation, and Technology; Chief Development Officer at Kristiania; ice President, Adra; and Board Member of both CLAIRE and NORA
“We are still in the early days of AI, and we only see the contours of how AI will influence our lives. Many of the most important algorithms rely on larger interdisciplinary collaborations. We need to develop and nurture good mechanisms for collaboration. The algorithms may reflect our values and biases and we should make sure that AI will benefit society in the best possible ways”
The CLAIRE Oslo office officially opened the 3rd of June, 2021. The Oslo Office is hosted by Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium (NORA), and the office is responsible for CLAIRE activities in Norway and the Nordic region. NORA – Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium – is a Norwegian collaboration between 8 universities, 3 university colleges and 4 research institutes within AI, machine learning and robotics.
Specifically, the Oslo office is the main organizer of the NordicAIMeet, a symposium for young scholars and PhDs hosted
by CLAIRE in collaboration with NORA. The NordicAIMeet is funded by the Research Council of Norway.
The Oslo office is actively working with institutions in Norway to apply for Horizon 2020 calls through NORA.EU, an initiative which was funded by the Research Council of Norway in 2021. The Oslo Office, via NORA is also involved in NEMONOOR, the newly established European Digital Innovation Hub in Norway. Nemonoor is a seven-year EU project led by Digital Norway (Toppindistrisenteret), with Smart Innovation Norway, Institute for Energy Technology (IFE), Norway Health Tech, NTNU, SINTEF, and ÅKP as partners. Through CLAIRE, the Oslo Office will work to connect and collaborate with other EDIHs in Europe.
Members of the Oslo office also participate in the CLAIRE Innovation Network, Communications and Outreach taskforce, and are actively involved in analyzing and contributing towards European Commission AI policy issues.
14 & 15th of November 2022: NordicAIMeet, The Clarion Hotel, Oslo, Norway
CLAIRE | Oslo Office Launch – The Nordic Model: Connecting Young Talent
- Thursday 03 June 2021 | 15:00-17:00 PM CEST
- Coming soon!
- NORA – Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium, Oslo (contact: Pinar Heggernes)
- IAI research group, University of Stavanger, Stavanger (contact: Krisztian Balog)
- Center for Modeling Social Systems, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre, Kristiansand (contact: F. LeRon Shults)
- CAIR – Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research, University of Agder, Grimstad (contact: Ole-Christoffer Granmo)
- CAI – Computational Analytics and Intelligence research group, The Arctic University of Norway (UiT), Tromso (contact: Phuong H. Ha)
- Machine Intelligence Department, Simula Metropolitan, Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo (contact: Sven-Arne Reinemo, Olav Lysne)
- OsloMet AI Lab, Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo (contact: Stefano Nichele)
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems, University of Oslo, Oslo (contact: Jim Torresen)
- Smart Instrumentation and Industrial Testing Group, Technology Department, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre, Bergen (contact: Ahmed Nabil Belbachir)
- Norwegian Open AI Lab, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim (contact: Ole Jakob Mengshoel)
CLAIRE Office Oslo
0371 Oslo, Norway
entrance from Moltke Moes vei